Friday, December 6, 2019

The Blogging Mindset

When I started this blog I had the best of intentions. I wanted to share my feelings and my life. Especially after fully accepting my transgender nature. Sadly, I was a slacker. I could attribute it to being a lifetime member of The Procrastinators Club. But I think it might be partly due to not really believing anyone would be interested, or maybe that people might find these ramblings and see the real me. Lately I have also wondered if subconsciously I have kept a piece of me on hold. Before accepting myself as transgender my existence was partly within a long lasting fog. Since beginning my path to authenticity that fog has mostly lifted. However, there has always been this thing that always seemed to be blocking any full and true happiness with life. A part of me that has existed since I was born and was quite physically wrong. You cannot hide or ignore physical aspects of your body and this one thing has certainly been no exception. Every waking day of my life I have been confronted with this hateful piece of maleness, this physical thing that never belonged on me. This thing that should have never, ever been. In less than four days this atrocious physical aspect of myself is going to be removed, and shaped into that which I should have been born with. My excitement is through the roof to finally have this happen. The happiness and joy I am feeling is indescribable and I suspect this may only astronomically increase following my surgery on Tuesday.

So, it might be interesting to see what becomes of this blog I started a few years ago. There have been good postings as well as fairly dark ones. I have purposely left it all intact. Good or bad, positive or not, wouldn't it be nice to see more regular entries appear here?

1 comment:

  1. I think what is so powerful about your blog is not the frequency of the posts but rather the content. The value it gives those in their own transgender journey is invaluable and vulnerable. For some who is not transgender, like me, it’s a window to a deeper understanding and acceptance. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself.

    ReplyDelete