Friday, December 20, 2019

I did it!

I did it! After a lifetime of dreaming and fantasizing about having a true female body, after a lifetime of being unable to ignore and do anything about the hated male physiology pieces of me, after knowing this would happen "sometime" but never really sure when that time might be, I have had Gender Confirmation Surgery. The procedure is called a Vaginoplasty and I had this done on December 10th, 2019. A talented and experienced team at the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison has taken the male parts of me that I have always loathed and reshaped them into fully female anatomy. This is so indescribably wonderful!

The surgery itself and subsequent recovery in the hospital for a mere three days went surprisingly well. I had expected extreme pain and greatly reduced mobility, but it has been nothing like that. There was a very small amount of pain at first but that has greatly subsided. There has been an ongoing soreness (so far) but that seems to be lessening every day. I must refrain from sitting straight up, or directly on my bottom, for at least 30 days to prevent stitches from being unduly pulled. But I have been able to stand and walk around somewhat freely, and I have in fact been out already a few times to stores and restaurants. My genital area currently has a certain amount of swelling and scarring as expected, and I must go through a few weeks of necessary healing. The UW Hospital medical team has told me that everything "down there" looks very good and that I can expect it all to look and feel completely natural after this recovery time has passed. I do not wish to look at myself yet. I am trying to be patient, to give myself this time to heal. However, it is necessary to feel and touch myself when showering and peeing. So I absolutely know that the hated male anatomy is completely gone and this part of my body is finally (FINALLY!) 100% correct.

I am not experiencing a more pronounced sense of femaleness. This surgery has not changed who I am. My spirit, my soul remains completely the same. However, I do feel a heightened sense of happiness and joy with myself. It's a bit difficult to describe but I feel a kind of completeness that I don't recall ever experiencing before. I also feel more anticipation for my life going forward. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment