Sunday, February 1, 2015

Clothes don't make the woman or man

What you put on, on the outside, will not define who you are on the inside.  Clothes, along with your attitude and general presentation, may help society identify your gender.  But what truly defines your gender is inside.  It is your personality, your mind, your soul.  The sooner you begin to present your true soul to society the better off you will be in the long run. 

I spent a whole life suppressing my true self, keeping it internal, while maintaining a false costume, a false personhood to the world for decades.  The male hormones stewing inside of me slowly changed my body the wrong way, made my body a thing of loathing.  The psychological impact of denying my true self and spending my life pretending to be a man has deeply scarred my mind.  I have physical aspects of a male that I will likely never be able to erase.  I have a lifetime of socializing as a man that has been deeply ingrained onto my personality.  I have lost a lifetime of experiences, emotions and feelings, I have lost a lifetime of living as my correct gender.
 
I have come to believe that the better course of action for anyone who is transgender has got to be finding a way to come out to the world, and finding a way to transition to your correct gender as early in your life as possible.  It may be much too late for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment